Monday, April 15, 2013

I think it might do us all some good to reflect on faith and what it means to us who believe in the Bible and the Son of God. As I was waking this morning I asked Holy Spirit to come and invade my mind (even before coffee!) and I began to hear about faith and the importance of it in our lives.
Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things w...
e cannot see.
By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God’s command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen.
This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.”
Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory.
God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.
I added the emphasis to the scripture above because I felt like He was stressing those words to me. I think what He was showing me was sometimes I have to stop and realize that the people I am with sometimes do not believe the things I do and cannot understand them not because I am any better or smarter or anything like that at all, I am able to believe the things I do only because He has chosen to give me faith. He has given me the gift of faith not so I can “make it through” but because there are others in my world that have not yet accepted the gift offered and they are evaluating my walk with Him. Because He has decided to use me as a demonstration of His faithfulness to my friends and neighbors I need to continually remind myself that my faith is a free gift from my Father and it is given to me so that I may know Him and His ways not just His works so that He will be seen and known among my friends.
My faith is only as powerful as my belief in my Fathers Faithfulness. Lord God I know you know I believe and have faith and I know also that at times I have doubts so I ask that in those moments of doubt and wonder that You would help my unbelief by reminding me of your faithfulness so that others would get a saving glance of your eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment