Wednesday, December 3, 2014

25th And Oposition To Christmas

"In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He existed in the beginning with God. So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son."
John 1:1-2, 14 NLT

For this reason I celebrate the Birth of Jesus Christ. The very thought that the creator and sustainer of all that exists would lower Himself to the state of a created being, and even lower still a fallen being, so that He could rescue the entire race of beings that rejected Him is more than reason enough to celebrate.

There are many cults and even some believers who believe it is wrong to celebrate Jesus' birth in December, or at any time, based on the fact that December 25th is in line with satanic worship or some nonsense like that or that because the early Church did not celebrate it we should not, though I am not sure how they know it wasn't celebrated.

My perspective is December 25th, regardless of what some satan worshippers are doing that day, is the "Day the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it" and I will choose to celebrate Jesus' birth on that day even though I believe it to be in the spring of the year.

As for not celebrating it at all because there seems to be no record of the early church celebrating it is to assume that the 1st century Church was full of exceptional biblical scholars and was the perfect example of what the Church should be (Wrong!!!). Though there "May" not be any record of the early Church celebrating His birth there is more than a little evidence that His Father held nothing back in celebrating His birth! Read Luke's gospel account and you will see that there was a "Stage Production" in the heavens like nothing ever seen.

In my limited understanding, if God does something that a few men decide is wrong and God has no where in His word forbidden me to do as He did, I'm sorry to the few but I'm doing as God did. Right or wrong in celebrating on the 25th of December, my heart is to be grateful for God sending Jesus to become like me and to die so that I may be redeemed and delivered from my self.

Again I say "This is the day the Lord has made and I will rejoice in it!" There is nothing that "Belongs" to the devil, no day no hour no nothing! He has only temporary custody of a very limited number of things that hold nothing over those who believe in Jesus and I will not concede December 25th to belonging to him any more than I will concede that he owns October 31, every day belongs to my God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment