Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Confession Of A Broken Heart

"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance."

When I read this and other passages that explain what a believer should be I cringe at how miserably I fail to reach this bar. While I try to be kind and I don't believe I am jealous or boastful or rude toward people I wonder how often I have been perceived as or have been guilty of being prideful and I know I have been irritable more than a few times which is to say I want "my own way" over the needs or wants of others. I know that I have in my mind a record of some of the wrongs that have been done to me or those I love and care for.

With all that is corrupt and wicked within my heart I could easily fall into hopelessness and run away hoping to die so as to bring no more shame to Jesus or His church. But I rejoice when the Spirit of God whispers "louder" than the voice that speaks condemnation into my mind. He reminds me that love (Jesus) never gives up on me, He never loses faith in me and He always imparts hope to my heart.

It is because He has revealed His faithfulness to me that I have Hope for the future and that hope is what gives me the courage to endure the trials of life. While faith and hope are essential to living a full life, without love it is all for nothing. It is "Love" Who is the author of our faith and hope. Love must be our highest goal.....

No comments:

Post a Comment