Tuesday, April 15, 2014

"Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God."  Romans 13 NLT

America is a unique nation in that we are a nation of laws, making the authority over us the US constitution. As a nation of laws, those who are in elected positions are subject to the governed. Our founders designed America in such a way as to make elected officials subject to the people and not the people subject to them.
We are however bound to obey all laws that are in compliance with the Constitution and its original intent. But when men pervert the Constitution and violate their oath to uphold it we have the responsibility to refuse to comply and to remove from power those guilty of subverting our rights as citizens. If we do not stand against the tyranny we will no longer be citizens we become "Residents" who are subject to overlords.


"We The People" have the responsibility to hold those in political positions accountable to us.

   Those of us who swore an oath to defend the Constitution upon entering the service of the country have a sacred duty to protect it from ALL enemies both foreign and domestic. There is NO expiration date to that oath and we are accountable to God for carrying out that responsibility. I pray to God that He will grant us wisdom and the desire to turn to Him and that this republic would honor Him once again.

Our only hope is found in 2 chron.7; “I have heard your prayer and have chosen this Temple as the place for making sacrifices. At times I might shut up the heavens so that no rain falls, or command grasshoppers to devour your crops, or send plagues among you. Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. My eyes will be open and my ears attentive to every prayer made in this place. For I have chosen this Temple and set it apart to be holy—a place where my name will be honored forever. I will always watch over it, for it is dear to my heart."

We must be willing to do what God has said we must do as a nation. I fear that we will need to be brought much lower before we are collectively humble enough to do what we must to be restored. I know this though - He who began this good work called America will be faithful to complete it and we will be a nation that honors Him again. Pray for your country today and ask that we would fulfill our destiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment