Friday, January 31, 2014

I wrote a Facebook post yesterday about natural gas fracking that caused a fire storm in my private messaging. I had more than a few challenges to my statements. More than a couple people challenged my motives and my seeming trust that the drillers would be more trust worthy than the government. I could not respond to every p.m. individually so here are my reasons and motives for endorsing drilling for gas here.
  This is the original post I made;
"Question/challenge of the day; Hydraulic Fracking started in 1948 in Oklahoma and has been being used ever since and in the last 15 years has grown exponentially. Here is the question; According to the EPA, is there even ONE VERIFIED case of fracking contaminating aquifers anywhere in America? (Here is a hint, nope!) There is absolutely no science to back up the anti-fracking position, it is propa...ganda directly related to C.A.P. (Center for American Progress), the TIDES Foundation and about a dozen other organizations seeking environmental justice. I checked to see what ALL the big name antifracker have in common and came up with a couple familiar names; Of course Mr. Al Gore is in the middle of it making BILLIONS, then the infamous George Soros and the Clintons. I wish those who have bought into the propaganda would do their own research and call out the lies and deception. Go to the EPA site and go to Youtube and look for the testimony under oath where the head of the EPA admits to Congress there is no evidence at all to show water contamination caused OR related to fracking. This whole issue is a part of Agenda 21 which is about controlling population and redistribution of wealth."


    First and foremost I am a believer in Jesus and I am involved in several ministries that are struggling financially and our church also has many ministries around the world we support that are in need of greater financial support. When the drilling begins believers who actually tithe will be pouring money into the Church that will be used to build the Kingdom of God. I personally have pledged a percentage to support our Church in Liberia and to Dugit in Tel Aviv, Israel. I already support Dugit monthly but I would love to exponentially increase the amount to help bring the gospel to Jews in Israel. My wife and I have been struggling to live paycheck to pay check for a number of years and as inflation increases it gets more and more difficult to keep our heads above water so I do admit that I would enjoy being out of debt personally but that is secondary to me.
   I was also challenged about the safety of the process and possible environmental damage done by the process. I am one who believes that God is directly involved in what is happening in the world and that He has called the Church to rise up and support His work. I also believe He put the gas there for this time and for His purpose; to build His Kingdom and to prosper His people.
I have no doubt that He is able and willing to keep the whole process safe and preserve the water and environment from contamination if His people will only ask and keep asking Him to. He purified the water for Israel and provided water from a rock while they were in the desert and my Bible says that He never changes, that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever, therefore He can be trusted to do for us what he did for Israel. I have much more faith that my God is able to protect the environment than I have faith in a drilling company or the government to screw it up.
   There were four comments to me that were basically concerned about the aesthetic aspect of drilling. For me I would not like it much but the drilling process does not last that long and when I was not wanting to have the scenery disrupted I got challenged by God. The challenge was a choice between me not having to be inconvenienced by the traffic, the noise and other drilling related issues or the kids in our Church in Liberia continuing to have only enough food for a meal per day or less. For me, there is no comparison to the need for the children in the orphanage eating and having shelter and clean water to me having to see the scenery temporarily disrupted.
   In everything I post the Kingdom of God is my first priority, even if I do not mention it directly. Many people who read my opinions are not believers so I do not press the spiritual side of things in very many posts. I try to provide challenging, informative and at times provocative perspectives to stimulate thoughtful conversations that lead to the truth. I am not always right and do not claim to be and I welcome any and all challenges to my writings. Having open and honest conversations based on facts is a good thing.
I hope this helps to explain some of my reasoning on the fracking issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment