Friday, March 21, 2014

David Or Absalom


 For several days I have been “Seeing” a strategy in my spirit that I believe must be given serious consideration. The world is in turmoil and America in particular is being divided and a ‘spirit of bitterness’ has been sown by our leaders. The bitterness has taken root in people who are easily deceived and it will be difficult to kill and remove that root.

  I believe we are fighting a spiritual battle that can only be won with spiritual weapons. “For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places” Eph. 6:12.

 The scenario I see happening in America goes back to the time of King David and is related to his failure to deal with the spirit of division that his son Absalom spread throughout his kingdom.

  Absalom sat in the gate of the city and challenged his fathers’ wisdom and authority. He sowed division into the people and eventually overthrew David’s kingdom and forced him to retreat from his God given seat of authority.

  When Absalom was finally killed by one of David’s men David was broken hearted. David’s response to Absalom’s death was a shock and disappointment to his men and advisors because he wasn’t glad that the one who was obviously an enemy of Israel had been stopped and that his kingdom had been restored.

 Though Absalom was David’s son he was still an enemy and should have been treated as such. I realize the torment that David must have felt as Absalom’s father but I believe he failed in his role as king by not confronting Absalom as soon as he found out what he was doing. Had he confronted his son early he likely would have saved many lives, including his own son, and spared Israel and, I believe, America from the spirit of division.

  America has ties to Israel that go back to our war for independence and founding and I believe that tie carried with it both blessing and generational flaws. The current division is being propagated through the same methods Absalom used, propaganda, outright lies and promises that he had no authority to fulfill.

  I may be crazy but I believe the trend toward dividing America can be reversed, it will be costly and may take a generation to reverse or it may be an “overnight” reversal if what I feel is correct.

 The spirit of Absalom was something I felt several years ago but did not have the unction and sense of urgency I feel now. I stood on the Mount of Olives above Absalom’s tomb and tried to pray to break it but it was as though there was a wall that kept me from forceful prayer. I think the reason for not being able or rather not being allowed to combat the spirit was that ‘America’s time’ of being dived had not been fulfilled.

  I see three things that need to happen; first there must be a precise assault against the spirit of Absalom at his tomb or at the gate he sat in while undermining David’s authority by sowing division among the people. Part of that assault should be speaking truth to people who are passing through the gate at the present time.

  The second part of the first step would be putting salt on the ground in and around the gate and his tomb. Salt is a purifier and  preservative that was used in the making of covenants; II Chronicles 13:5: “Should you not know that the LORD God of Israel gave the dominion over Israel to David forever, to him and his sons, by a covenant of salt?” Psalm 89:34-37: “My covenant will I not break, nor alter the word that is gone out of My lips. Once I have sworn by My holiness; I will not lie to David: His seed shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun before Me, it shall be established forever like the moon, even like the faithful witness in the sky. Selah.”

  Second I believe there must be prayers of repentance for tolerating the spirit of division and pleading with God to restore the spirit of honor and integrity David had. I also feel like the anointing for leadership and David’s heart after and dependence on God to lead and direct his steps should be sought for America’s leaders. These prayers must be made at David’s Tomb in Jerusalem. There is more that must be done in the Old city but the details are not clear to me (that often happens, sometimes the details aren’t revealed until the actions are taking place).

  The third thing that must happen to reverse the division and disunity in America must take place in Washington D.C. at the Lincoln Memorial. I believe a number of things must take place there beginning with reading the inscriptions on the walls inside that monument. After reading those words, the words of the Emancipation Proclamation must be read aloud on the steps leading up to the monument. These two actions are to be followed by praying for the vision Lincoln had for unifying the nation after the Civil War. There may be more that needs to be done in Washington at the Washington and Jefferson Memorials but that too is unclear now.
  Because I feel America is at a decision point that will require us to choose whether we wish to remain under the 'spirit' of Absalom or return to a nation whose God is the Lord, and invite the Spirit that King David ruled under back on the throne of leadership, I am going to submit this to some people I trust and if they believe there is an anointing on this vision I will begin efforts to raise the funds needed to travel back to Israel to intercede for America and for Israel.
 My spirit burns within me as I see this republic being destroyed by dividing the people and feeding the root of bitterness. I long to see America once again be the beacon of hope to the world and I am willing to what ever the Lord would have me do wherever he would have me do it.
 I would appreciate any feedback and or any support from those who read this and share my desire to see America restored to a nation whose God is the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment