Friday, March 28, 2014



The following is a recurring dream and what I believe is a prophetic wakeup call;

  “The setting is in the heartland of the nation where grain is grown by the thousands of square miles. Darkness has set in, the darkness caused by heavy cloud cover. The sky is black as far as the eye can see and the air is becoming cool to almost cold. The clouds are monstrous and billowing on the horizon and a storm is imminent.

  I see the Lord standing in the midst of endless miles of ripened oats. He is standing silent looking toward the storm clouds on the horizon. I begin walking to Him and as I get close to the field I can see that the oats are so ripe for harvest that many kernels have already fallen to the ground and are lost and are going to be consumed by the foul of the air and the creatures of the plains.

  As I continue towards the Lord and I am able to see more clearly the amount of grain that has been lost I begin to become overwhelmed with the urgency of getting the combines started up and beginning the harvest before it is too late and much more of His grain is lost but I could not see any of the machines anywhere. My concern grows to near panic as I realize that the combines are so late in starting the harvest process that just the vibration of the giant machines is going to cause much more grain to fall from the hulls to the ground and be lost.

  I hurried to the Lords side and I could see He was heartbroken at the amount of loss that had occurred. As I looked at Him I could see there were tears in His eyes and He had a look of sorrow and disappointment on His face. He looked at me and I said Lord why have you not summoned the harvesters, the oats are becoming over-ripe, we have to do something fast. He looked at me and said “I did call on them to begin”. I asked Him, then where are they, they should be here? As I asked Him that question He slowly turned His head back toward the field and the mounting storm and said with a broken voice, “I paid them in advance for their labor and they have left to spend their wages.”

  I just stood there helpless without a combine there would be little more than a remnant that could be saved. All I could do was to begin picking what I could and looking at the ground to try to retrieve as much that had fallen as possible.”

  I believe we must begin crying out to the Father to send faithful harvesters and that we need to personally repent for our leaving the fields to enjoy our reward before our work was over or in many instances before we had even started the job.  

No comments:

Post a Comment