Tuesday, March 11, 2014

On A More Personal Note

" Let me say plainly that I have been faithful. No one's damnation can be blamed on me, for I didn't shrink from declaring all that God wants for you."

When I am done In this life I pray that those who have known me will be able to say that I, like Paul, was faithful. I wrestle daily to keep the Kingdom as my highest goal, knowing and sharing the Love of God for all people.

I desire nothing more than to know Him and to Make Him known. I fall short of that goal at every turn yet I keep pressing forward toward the goal set before me, grateful for His patience, loving kindnesses and mercy in my weaknesses.

It was by grace that 35 years ago this month, while setting in a hospital detoxification ward, He revealed Himself to me when I was ready to end everything. As I made an honest request to know if He was indeed real and if He cared any thing about me He answered my plea to know truth.

That night when the truth of my empty life became more than I could bear He showed me that He was there and that He cared about my life and that He had a plan and a purpose for me that would give me hope for the future and faith that would allow me to face whatever trial that came my way with a peace that would defeat any fear my natural instinct would entertain.

He continues to be my only hope. His will for my life has not changed and His loving kindnesses continue to be toward me. May I never doubt His love for me or His ability and willingness to provide for my needs.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." Many find these words too exclusive to accept and argue that there are many ways to know and achieve salvation and true lasting peace, but as one who tried many other ways to find relief from my struggles, I will always thank God that I have the faith to believe these words.

My prayer is that all who seek peace in the midst of strife will accept the offer made by Jesus when He said "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light." Jesus loves you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment